Collection and Use
We use the information described in this subsection for auditing, security, debugging, internal research and development, maintaining the quality and safety of our Services, and service performance purposes. In particular, we use this information to measure web traffic and usage activity on our Site for purposes of improving and enhancing the functionality of our Site, to look for possible fraudulent activity, and to better understand the sources of traffic and transactions on our Site. Cookies also allow our servers to remember your account information for future visits and to provide personalized and streamlined information across related pages on our Site. In order to understand and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, we may also use web beacons, cookies, and other technology to identify the fact that you have visited our Site or seen one of our advertisements.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect Personal Information you provide to us:
- Registration information. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address.
- Billing information. If you make a payment to Brevy, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and, in some instances, financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment. If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page.
- Feedback or Contact Us. When you provide us feedback or contact us via email, other electronic communications, or our Site, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in your communication, in order to send you a reply and to act on the feedback or information you have provided to us.
- Support. We also collect other types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as any information you provide to us if you contact us regarding support for our Services in order for us to respond to your support request or provide to us in person at an event (either manually or electronically).
- Linking Information. To the extent we are able to do so, we may link your non-personally identifiable information with your personally identifiable information and we may also link information collected online with information we collect offline or information collected online by third parties.
Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our Site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps.Personal Information gathered through tracking technologies may include internet or other electronic network activity information for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising, the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, links to/from any page, and time spent at a site.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at our Site from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Web Beacons (tracking pixels). Web beacons (also known as tracking pixels) are bits of data that count the number of users who access a website or open an email and can also allow us to see if a cookie has been activated. Web beacons used on web pages or in emails allow us to see how successful an article has been, or whether an email message was successfully delivered and read in a marketing campaign. We also use web beacons to learn if you have clicked on any links contained in emails. We may use this information to help us identify which emails are more interesting to you.
- Information from third parties and integrations. We may collect your Personal Information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us. In order for us to provide our Services, we may request access to your team communication or task management tools. This information can include the email addresses, names, tasks, conversations, and more in the tools you integrate with Brevy. We never sell your integration data. We reserve the right to anonymize and aggregate the data you provide us for the purpose of improving our products and services. Additionally, you have the option of registering and signing into Brevy with a third- party authentication provider. If you do this, the authentication of your login details is handled by that third-party authenticator.
Protection of Information
Brevy considers the security of all the information and data within our control to be a top priority, and consistent with this we implement commercially reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to protect from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, such information or data. However, no security system is impenetrable, and unanticipated system failures or the efforts of malicious actors are an unfortunate reality on the internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the information and data within our control, including Personal Information, is absolutely secure.